Transfer Your Domain to Us
Domain Transfer means changing the domain DNS names. DNS names point the domain to a specific
web server where your website is being hosted. Each web server usually has two DNS names assigned to it. We will provide you
with our two DNS names upon request. You can then change the DNS names yourself or you can call your domain name registration
company to change the DNS for you. The example below demonstrates how to change the DNS for a domain registered with GoDaddy.
The general idea is the same for any domain name registration company.
Technical Background. You can skip this paragraph if you like. When someone types your domain name in the browser, your website
magically opens. I will try to explain in plain English how this works. When you register a domain name, it is saved in a distributed database
called Domain Name System. This is done to avoid conflicts and duplication, meaning no one in the world can register your domain name.
The domain name must be unique. Your website is a piece of software that runs on a web server connected to the Internet. The web server is
mapped into the Domain Name System via DNS through different routing tables. Each web server usually has two DNS assigned to it. By changing
the domain DNS, you simply point your domain to a specific web server. As a result, when someone types your domain name into the browser, the
browser uses your domain DNS available through the Domain Name System to find the web server where your website is being hosted. There could
be multiple websites hosted on a single web server. The web server locally resolves your domain name to point the browser to the right website.
Domain Transfer Example
As explained above, domain transfer simply means changing the domain DNS. Use the following
step-by-step instructions to transfer a domain name registered with GoDaddy. The same idea will work with other
domain name registration companies. Of course, you can always call your domain name registration company to make the DNS
changes instead of doing it yourself.
1. We will email you our two DNS names.
2. Log in to your GoDaddy account and click My Account in the top left corner of the page.
3. Click on the plus sign next to DOMAINS and click Launch to the right of the domain name in the window that opens.
4. Click the link called Set Nameservers located on the left-hand side in the middle of the page.
5. Check “I have specific nameservers for my domains” radio button. Enter our two DNS names into Nameserver 1 and Nameserver 2 text fields.
Leave Nameserver 3 and Nameserver 4 text fields blank.
6. Click the OK button, and you are done. It can take up to 12 hours for your changes to take effect due to the Internet
update process called propagation, so please be patient.
We Can Transfer The Domain For You
Email us your domain name, the domain name registration company,
and your username and password and we will transfer the domain for you.